Re: [OM] [OT] Toyo 45G convert to 810G

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Toyo 45G convert to 810G
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 13:07:52 +0000
It’s hard to say without looking at it. How much front rise can you get out of
the 4x5?

The reason a new front standard may be needed is picture how the rear standard
has a horizontal centerline that is going to be about 5” above the bottom of
the rear standard when in the vertical orientation.  To make the front standard
come to that same vertical axis you would need 2.5” of rise on the front
standard I’d think, or a way to space the front standard higher off the rail.

Another option (if you have the range of movements) is tilt the whole rail
rearward, then tilt both standards forward to align them and handle the offset
(indirect rise).

8x10 can be a seductive format, but costs go up a *lot*:  film, lenses (that
cover 8x10), enlarging lenses, etc.

-Ed

On 7/26/16, 6:16 AM, "olympus on behalf of olympus-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<olympus-bounces+ed.sawyer=unh.edu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of