[OM] New Flutterby Pix

Subject: [OM] New Flutterby Pix
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 22:53:28 -0700
I seldom go looking for Flutterbys, but attempt to capture those I come across. This last week was a bit frustrating, as several Western Tiger Swallowtails refused to stop and pose for a moment, as well as what I think were a couple of small Fritillaries.

I did catch one I don't know the name of. It's small, about an inch across. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=20447>

And I did get one WTS. Not the greatest shot, in a way, but an action shot. Wind was starting to pick up along the river, and this one struggled to land and stay put. I don't know of the curved abdomen is part of its effort to hold on. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=20449>

I left little halos on the claws, where it is gripping as hard as it can, but
I"ll probably remove them later.

It fluttered to and fro at this spot a few times. Then much stronger gusts blew
it into the shrubbery up the bank.

Action Sports Moose