Re: [OM] IMGS: Dragonflies

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Dragonflies
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 09:19:31 -0400
Thanks, Moose!  There were dragonflies all over the fence on the farm and
they are huge!  Yes, the horses are Percherons and pull carriages for Tim's
company - Classic Carriage.  They have 9 Percherons but 6 work at a time
and 3 are on "vacation" at his farm.  They take really good care of those
horses!

Tina

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 1:08 AM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 7/25/2016 3:15 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
>
>> PESO:
>>
>> We went to Charleston to babysit while our son Tim and his wife Jess moved
>> to their new property.  They have bought a beautiful 18 acre horse farm
>> and
>> will be living in one of the barns until they can build a house.  I was
>> surprised that even in the heavy woods and creeks there were no
>> mosquitoes.  But there were LOTS of huge dragonflies and they eat
>> mosquitoes.  I managed to get several photos of them sitting on the
>> electric wire for the fence:
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/163745526
>>

> Within the DoF, those are fabulous! I've never been able to get that
> close, almost filling the frame @ 90 mm! I saw some beautiful, huge, red
> and blue ones on our trip last week, but never had one land even for a
> moment. Are you the Dragonfly Whisperer?
>
> and the next two.  The last two show a dragonfly eating some kind of green
>> bug.
>>
>> The next two show some of the land and Jess with the horses.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/163745621
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/163745645
>>

> Beautiful looking place and gorgeous horses! Carriage horses?
>
> Flying Dragon Moose
>
> --
>
> --

Tina Manley