Re: [OM] Linux/Photoshop question

Subject: Re: [OM] Linux/Photoshop question
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 10:42:22 -0500
> I turned off all the Win10 phone-homes as per the CNET instructions.  Good
> to know there's a utility that will keep them turned off.  Of course I'm
> happier with Win10 than I was with Win8.1 (and I don't honestly think my
> wife noticed when she was migrated from Win7) and I haven't found many
> downsides.

For the most part, I agree. There has been a little pain with a couple
of items, like software-based screen mirroring/extension, but I feel
pretty fortunate that everything upgraded with minimal grief. The
Lenovo X100 laptop has some oddities, but that thing is dying a slow
death so I'm not going to complain.

My Lenovo B510 7712 All-in-one won't upgrade to W10 at all. So, I
don't have to worry about that one, I guess. Fine with me. That's my
FSX computer running numerous extensions that can cause grief with
W10.

What surprised me was the upgrade to my video/audio editing computer.
Other than the Cortina dohicky in the bottom banner, there is almost
no difference.

AG