Re: [OM] PESO: food shopping in France

Subject: Re: [OM] PESO: food shopping in France
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 10:08:55 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Even though I was quite young at the time, I still recall the weekly
excursions to the open market in Orleans.  At that time, very few French
citizens owned refrigerators, and ours was converted from the US 120V/60Hz
mains to the French power mains, which was very common.  We had no TV, just
radio (AFRTS), and despite the cold war drama that was taking place life was
slow, orderly, and quite pleasant.

     <<considerable snipping>>

>After some more shopping, Francis and Véronique are waiting for the tram
>with their purchases. There is very little parking near the market, so
>most people use the excellent public transport to get there. Also, notice
>the roll-on bag. Plastic bags for groceries are now banned in France, so
>it is essential to bring your own. This is sustainable food shopping in
>every sense of the word:

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson