Re: [OM] IMG: Trucks Rule !

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Trucks Rule !
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 11:05:06 -0500
There's a truck like that in the parking lot of the train station where I
start my commute. Thing regularly takes up two spots because it's so
freaking wide. Does that person really need a monster truck? I'm guessing
not. Is the closest they ever come to off-roading when the tires hang over
the edge of their driveway? Probably.

I always laugh at the big steel bricks with over-wide tires and the huge
polished chrome brush bars and the light bar on top that are all
country-club clean all the time. Just like when people went insane buying
the Hummer H2. That thing is a massive steel block, built on a pickup truck
frame. And then they complain about road noise and fuel mileage. At least
the original Hummer could do neat mechanical tricks, like climbing vertical
curbs and stuff.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 6:22 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I read this week that the American auto makers made their money this year
> with increased truck sales.  This is evident in the fast food parking lot
> where I went to eat on Friday night.  After a day of rain, the skies are
> smiling once more.
>
> http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Trucks+Rule+_.jpg.html
>
> Comments and critiques welcomed and appreciated.
>
> --
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
>
> --