Re: [OM] IMG: Trucks Rule !

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Trucks Rule !
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 13:45:07 -0400
Sorta like Jim, I made sorta the second choice, too.

A high-mileage FWD Maxima and a higher-mileage 2WD Dodge Dakota.

Hi-mile Rick, whose own odometer is no joke either...

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 1:19 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
> I made the second choice.  In addition to my low-mileage Volvo V70, I have
> a low-mileage 1994 Chevy S10 Clubcab pickup. It works for me.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
>
> On 8/1/2016 12:13 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>
>> Since they went to 4-door cabs, a lot of folks seem to use them as family
>>> cars, particularly when they have school-age kids.  They seem to show up
>>> everywhere.  With the current low price of gas, they will probably remain
>>> popular.  To me, they are awkward in parking lots.  I had enough of that
>>> when I drove a full size van for a few years.
>>>
>> Feel free to trash talk them, but they really do offer the
>> practicality of a family vehicle with the practicality of a pickup
>> truck. Minivans also are pretty good choices for most people too. If a
>> person is to have just one primary vehicle, a truck isn't that bad of
>> a choice.
>>
>> As an alternative, a person can have a beater pickup truck for the
>> rare time when he or she needs it and then a car for the rest of the
>> time. Used beater trucks don't cost much at all to buy or to own.
>> Honestly, I could stand to use a truck maybe twice a month. Having
>> owned a truck in the past, though, I would absolutely love to have one
>> again. But do I want one more than a sports car?
>>
>> Nah.
>>
>> But I do appreciate my 4wd vehicles and will continue to have them.
>>
>> AG Schnozz
>>

> --

As much as I hate to "crow", I'm delighted to tell you that my 5-star
reviewed hardcover book for kids, ages 4-to-8,
*The Little Crow Who Could Not CAW
<http://www.amazon.com/Little-Crow-Who-Could-Not-ebook/dp/B01B2028SS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455042958&sr=8-1&keywords=rick+beckrich>,*
is
finally available as an interactive Kindle e-book from Amazon.com.

    (P.S. - The Kindle reader is a free app from Amazon that works on PC,
laptops, and most hand-held devices.)