Re: [OM] PC adapter for E-M5?

Subject: Re: [OM] PC adapter for E-M5?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 16:42:24 -0500
I would recommend a hotshoe PC adapter. Generic as dirt and usually a
little bit less problematic. Another option, if you don't want to use
radio triggers is to put the stand-mounted flashes in optical slave
and trigger them with the built-in camera flash. I'm not sure which
settings you have to adjust to make sure you don't get pre-flash, but
since you are in manual exposure mode, that should do the trick if you
put the flash in manual mode at the most minimum power setting it
takes to fire the flashes. Typically, you can go up to 1/4 power with
no evidence whatsoever of the camera flash, except for a little
twinkle in the eyes.

If you have one the E-system flashes that is "wireless" control, place
that as the background fill, or position it to trigger the optical
slaves of the stand flashes. That way, you'll pretty much entirely do
away with any evidence of on-camera flash.

But, I personally like the eye-sparkle and the way the on-camera
direct flash opens up the eyes and further takes a few years off of
the people.

AG