Re: [OM] OT: Dubai 777 Crash

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Dubai 777 Crash
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 17:58:28 +0100
Piers, I don’t believe that there is any windshear in the world that would
prevent a go-around.  There have been situations of rotor action whose down
draughts caused aircraft to plunge from height (I think that it has happened
west of Inverness), but windshear is by its nature short-lived and would
normally affect only an aircraft at low speed and low power.

I’ll never say “never”, of course . . .

Chris