[OM] IMG: From the Rose of Sharon Bushes

Subject: [OM] IMG: From the Rose of Sharon Bushes
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 12:55:10 -0500
The Buddleia didn't have much action today, so I moved to the other side of the house where my late wife's Althea, or Rose of Sharon, bushes predominate. Real, honest-to-goodness Bumble Bees have been scarce for the last few years. I found one totally involved with a white bloom, but, as it departed, it flew directly in my face, letting me know it was his/her territory.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Bumble+Bee.TIFF.html

A couple of smaller butterflies were also working the area. Here is a Silver-Sided Skipper on a lavender bloom. (The blooms vary from pure white to deep rose).

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Silver-Sided+Skipper_002.TIFF.html

Best viewed  LARGE.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA