Re: [OM] DAMN!

Subject: Re: [OM] DAMN!
From: "CyberSimian" <OlySimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 11:45:08 +0100
Chris Trask wrote:
Looking for drive recovery software by way of online searches is probably not conclusive, so before I go to the final step and format the drive I'd like to hear if there is any software out there in cyberland that can do the job better than what I've used so far.

What have you used so far?  In the past I have used RECUVA successfully:

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

It installs as a Windows program, but analyses the damaged drive without making any changes. So if it is your Windows drive that is damaged, and RECUVA is not already installed on it, you need to install it on a different PC and connect your damaged Windows drive as an external USB drive.

At the end of analysis it shows you what it thinks is available to recover. You select what you want, and pick as the destination for the recovered files a SEPARATE drive (not the one that you are recovering).

Good luck

-- from CyberSimian in the UK