Re: [OM] Hosta Waves

Subject: Re: [OM] Hosta Waves
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 13:11:25 -0700
On 8/9/2016 10:02 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
http://zone-10.com/d1/node/234

Canon 6D with wet plate sensor. Zuiko 100/2 lens.

I should like this; it's right down my Alt alley. But it doesn't quite do 'it'
for me.

Paying more attention as I look at it, I think it may be the lack of a really clear focal plane. My eyes keep looking for a landing place from which to experience the increasing levels of OoF in both directions. When I look closely, even the most in-focus parts are partially composed of tiny rings of light as highlights, not clear pinpoints. I rather doubt many others would see this.

I know, Alt dot Moose happily makes images where nothing is in focus, or there is no "thing" to be in or out of focus. I guess there's an implication to me in an image such as this, where the OoF foreground moves smoothly toward a clear plane of focus, then moves smoothly again further and further OoF, that something in the plane of focus should be clearly in focus.

I'm also curious about the fine, light lines all over the left rear. I may even
like them, but am curious about origin.

Ring Around the Moose