[OM] Canon 6D manual focusing accuracy

Subject: [OM] Canon 6D manual focusing accuracy
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 16:24:43 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Can not make any conclusions with one shot.  I doubt the stock screen is
reliable much faster than F4--unless proven otherwise.

http://tinyurl.com/cvl29s

I posted this before but now have to link via web archive.

With 5DII  stock screen I know that is the case and using a better but less
bright optimized  screen one can improve that.  Micro adjusted chipped adapter
hit rate on 5DIII (judged from long thread on FM a few years ago) seems as
accurate as using Eg-S screen on 5DII.   Caynon does not advertise, but one can
buy shims for the screens as they are sometimes off.  Mag LV with EVF is more
reliable, IMO.  Try focusing at f11 too --I do it all the time but hit rate
could be better.  Hit rate with OMZ lenses on OM is quite high--hope last batch
confirms that.

Don't post my fuzzy flutterbys, Mike