[OM] Nathan's PAD 20/8/2016: Siurana, film and a whiff of history

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 20/8/2016: Siurana, film and a whiff of history
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 22:36:48 +0200
On the way home from Sitges, I made a detour to the mountaintop village of
Siurana near Tarragona. It is a truly magnificent place, and has great
historical significance too, as it was the last Moorish fortress to fall to the
Christians during the reconquista of Catalonia in the 12th century. Legend has
it that the last Moorish queen (more precisely, the wife of the local Moorish
lord) committed suicide to avoid falling into the hands of the invaders by
jumping off the cliff on her white horse.

To stay on the historical theme, I shot this picture on film, to be more
precise, Ilford SFX in my Fuji 645 rangefinder:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-qQPMwP4/A

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman