[OM] IMG: Siurana

Subject: [OM] IMG: Siurana
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 07:58:06 +0200
Quoting from Wikipedia:

Siurana is a village of the municipality
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Municipalities_of_Spain> of the Cornudella de
Montsant <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornudella_de_Montsant> in the comarca
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comarca> of Priorat
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priorat>, Tarragona
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarragona_(province)>, Catalonia
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalonia>, Spain
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain>. Located just outside the Montsant
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serra_de_Montsant> region, it is just east of
main town of the municipality Cornudella de Montsant
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornudella_de_Montsant> and consists of a small
village at the top of an escarpment <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escarpment>
in the Prades Mountains <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prades_Mountains>
overlooking the Siurana Reservoir
<https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Siurana_Reservoir&action=edit&redlink=1>
 and is often visited by tourists to the area for its historical relevance and
excellent views of the Embalse
<https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Embalse_River&action=edit&redlink=1>
 and surrounding valley. Cliffs around the village are popular among climbers
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climbing> due to the abundance of excellent
climbs up to grade 9b.

I had never heard of the place until last week. My friend Lluis, whom I had
visited in his summer home, Sitges, suggested that I make the detour on my way
home to Alicante and visit this village. I did, and I did not regret it. These
were some of the most beautiful landscapes I have seen in Spain, and as icing
on the cake, I bought a couple of excellent bottles of local wine and a bottle
of local olive oil for a grand total of 21 €. Here is a small gallery of 20
images:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/siurana2016/

Compared to my previous galleries on Frozenlight, I have done two new things
here. First, I increased the size from the usual 1000 pixels to 1200 pixels on
the long side. I think these days everyone has monitors that accommodate that
size. Second, among the 20 images, most of which were taken with the Fuji X-T1
and 27mm Fuji lens, there are four B&W medium format film images, where I have
juxtaposed the scene in colour with the same scene on MF black & white film (in
this case, Ilford SFX shot in a Fuji 645 rangefinder).

Comments on the images and on the technical changes are welcome and
appreciated. And if you ever find yourself in Catalonia, a visit to this place
is a must IMO.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman