Re: [OM] Reply Re: PESO-older images from 'my' landscapes

Subject: Re: [OM] Reply Re: PESO-older images from 'my' landscapes
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 12:49:13 -0700
On 8/23/2016 9:31 PM, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Well, for the first time ever, I tried adjusting black point levels in
FastStone.
Please scroll right to the new image. I'm not sure how realistic this is, c.f.
what there actually was to be seen. I should have taken a photo to record it :-)

Looks better to me. Much more sense of strong later day side light. I like.

My purpose in showing these images was not to demonstrate photo technique so
much as to show you all some of the
landscape around where I live :-)

That doesn't work here. I always think I've learned that lesson. Then I post something very specifically aimed at one point - and someone points out an unrelated aspect they think should be different - and there goes the point . . .

In this case, though, perhaps one of us to whom similar prospects and light are familiar felt it wasn't, in fact, representative?

Late Light Moose