Re: [OM] All Hands!

Subject: Re: [OM] All Hands!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 13:56:08 -0700
On Deck Moose:

  <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=20621>

Puzzled on the ID of this critter.  After consulting with my colleagues in our
NABA (No.Am B'fly Assoc) decided the field marks indicate that it is a mutant
form of a rare genus known to congregate
in So. CA cities with universities.

Way off it's normal environs, then, in tiny, rural Point Reyes Station.

It is mutant as it has moth characteristics, such as being attracted to lighted
surfaces and lacks club ended antennae.  It is not known to be a strong flier
rendering it easy to photograph.

Glad I could help.

Thanks, Mike, that was fun!

Chuckling Moose