Re: [OM] The Apocalypse Continues

Subject: Re: [OM] The Apocalypse Continues
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 13:23:03 -0700
On 8/25/2016 5:10 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
But not a 6D II.
And you don't buy new, anyway*. :-)
So, here is the challenge. The 6D is still a current model. I I get
rid of it before the Mk2 comes out so I don't take a hit on it or do I
enjoy the fact that I got the thing for a humongous discount and it's
already earning its keep in a big way?

I don't understand the question. If it's paying for itself, now, in the moment, and a II that you would pay for is far in the future, it's a no-brainer.

It has 250k shutter clicks on it and there is a perverse side of me that wants
to take it up to 500k.

Nah, a goal not related to commercial or fun use. Just take pics with it. Leave
the macho stuff for cars and such.

But the problem is that it really isn't as good of a camera, in so
many ways, as the  E-1, E-3 and L1, but just has the best sensor.

Even having read your many, many posts about the old sensors and a couple about
the 6D, that sentence is unclear to me.

Are you saying that the 6D sensor is better in some ways, and not in others? Or that the mechanical thingie that carries the sensor of the 6D is crumby, compared to those other bodies?

Both?

Curiously Moose