Re: [OM] Alt dot Moose branches out [was The Apocalypse Continues]

Subject: Re: [OM] Alt dot Moose branches out [was The Apocalypse Continues]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 15:41:49 -0700
On 8/26/2016 2:49 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
I figured you'd go for the one of the IIs assuming you'd be mainly using MF lenses and want the IBIS. I could see myself doing that one day. I've never even seen one of the Sonys let alone held one. I was glad to hear they're not big rocks like the 5D.

We've got some apples and oranges stuff going on here. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Camera_Sizes/CameraSizes.jpg>

Your reference point is the E-M1, which is quite a bit bigger and heavier than
my reference point of E-M5 II.

So, for you, the A7 is slightly smaller and lighter and the A7 II is about the
same size and somewhat heavier.

For me, the A7 is noticeably larger and heavier, but not too bad. The A7 II is
a lot thicker and a lot heavier.

For us, the original 5D is our reference point, and a relative monster. For
many others the 5D III is even more monstrous.

It's All Relative Moose