Re: [OM] IMG: Playing with New Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Playing with New Lens
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 01:43:44 +0000 (UTC)
If I had one lens, it would be a 90.  Good luck with the tests...been there,
done that.

----- Original Message -----From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
LUG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Olympus Camera Discussion
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 18:51:35 -0000 (UTC)Subject:
[OM] IMG: Playing with New Lens

I received a 1984 Leica Elmarit-R 90mm lens yesterday, and have spent some time
today getting accustomed to it. The first image explains why I am limiting my
activities. My grandson removed two possible skin cancers from my scalp on
Thursday. I'm not very attractive, but I was the only portrait candidate
available.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Portrait+with+Elmarit-R+90.JPG.html

The second is a Silver-Sided Skipper on the Buddlei bush

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Silver+Sided+Skipper.JPG.html

The third is an unidentified very small yellow and black beetle

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Yellow-Black+Beetle.JPG.html

My first impression is that it is sharper than the lenses that I have been
using, and the images crop nicely, an obvious advantage for photos of small
insects. As for portraits, supposedly handled well by this lens, I will await a
pretty subject before offering an opinion. (The f/2 version is specifically
designed for portraits, but I chose the f/2.8 to keep the weight down.)

-- Jim NicholsTullahoma, TN USA

http://lists.thomasclausen.net/mailman/private/olympus/Themed Olympus Photo
Exhibition: http://www.tope.nl/