Re: [OM] York, SC

Subject: Re: [OM] York, SC
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 14:56:30 -0400
These folks likely didn't get that way from eating funnel cakes. Not that funnel cakes couldn't do that to you but they're generally only served at special events like fairs, carnivals, circuses, etc. They probably only have an opportunity to have a funnel cake 2-3 times/year if that.

This is about the origins of funnel cakes. They originated in medieval Arabia and Persia and spread to Europe and North America.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funnel_cake>

This link <http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/generic/funnel-cake> gives the calorie content of a funnel cake as 276. But that's for a 6" diameter cake. What's being served there is more likely 8-10" diameter for 2-3 times the calorie count.

Before the day is over they'll likely equal or exceed the calories in the giant funnel cake by drinking several of those oversize cups of lemonade (from the other side of the street).

I love 'em (as does my Pennsylvania born wife) but we've probably only had 1 or 2 of them in the past 10 years.

Chuck Norcutt