Re: [OM] IMGS: Summerfest -> Chevy

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Summerfest -> Chevy
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 21:08:53 -0400
That's an interesting question. The larger engine (physical length vs displacement) would have been the 235.5 cu in (3,859 cc) inline 6-cylinder. That's a long time ago to remember (my best friend had a '57 Chevy like this one) but I don't think that bulkhead was moved based on engine size. As I recall they installed a shroud between the radiator and mechanically driven fan on the shorter V8 engine. Why this car has an auxiliary electrically driven fan is a question for the owner.

My friend's car had 2 enormous 4 barrel carburetors. We used to keep a big, heavy rag in the car to beat out the fire. Sometimes the engine would backfire through the carburetors and set them on fire. Interesting times.

Chuck Norcutt