Re: [OM] Up In The Air [was Doom-laden . . .]

Subject: Re: [OM] Up In The Air [was Doom-laden . . .]
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 09:21:08 -0500
I'm sure they both had to be handled with care................. :-)

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 8/29/2016 8:38 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
Thanks for reviving memories.  I lived near Orlando for the last half of
1966, and rented a plane at Herndon Airport a few times to get in some local
flying.  On one occasion, while I was on the ramp, a P-51 taxied in and
parked.  A young gent crawled out, followed by a slim young girl in
hip-huggers who had been riding in a jump seat.  At the time, it seemed like
nice way for the idle rich to spend their extra cash.
And then turn around a few years later and sell the airplane for
multiples of what you bought it for. He gets to be an idle rich
spending his extra cash, and with the profit, gets to buy another slim
young girl in hip-huggers.

Not sure which was more finicky and dangerous--the P-51 or the girl.

AG