Re: [OM] A trip to the Adirondacks

Subject: Re: [OM] A trip to the Adirondacks
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 20:19:58 -0500
Thanks for sharing your images, Chuck.  Very pretty area, I'm sure.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 8/29/2016 7:51 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
We recently returned after a 10-day trip to the Adirondacks to see our good friends in Queensbury, NY (this family).
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=13461>.
Right next door to Glens Falls, NY, the headwaters of the Hudson River and made famous by James Fenimore Cooper in "The Last of the Mohicans". Glens Falls is the waterfall under which Natty Bumpo and crew hid from the indians.

While there we went to the Sagamore Hotel on Lake George
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=20693>

Not to stay at the hotel but to take a several hour cruise on the lake on one the Saratoga's tour boats. We stayed dry despite the threatening weather. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=20697>

I have many more pictures from the trip and may add a few more from time to time. I will post one picture that you won't understand unless you first read up on the Battle of Valcour Island <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Valcour_Island> There you'll learn (if you didn't already know) that Benedict Arnold was a hero before becoming a traitor. Lake Champlain is key to the Battle of Valcour Island and Lake Champlain parallels part of Lake George. Enjoy your New York state/Revolutionary War history lesson.

Chuck Norcutt