Re: [OM] Loreo 3 D Stereo Lens Olympus Panasonic Take 3 D Pictures with

Subject: Re: [OM] Loreo 3 D Stereo Lens Olympus Panasonic Take 3 D Pictures with Micro 4 3 Camera | eBay
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 09:25:03 -0500
I've looked at that one before, but held off. I'd like to play with 3-D a
bit, but getting one of the Fuji P&S cameras would probably work a little
better. Either way, it would be a novelty and I wouldn't want to spend a
bunch of money on it.

I've seen quite a few digital 3-D images, mostly parallel viewing, and some
can be compelling, while others not so much. Dr. Brian May, lead guitarist
for the rock band Queen (and a PhD in Astrophysics) has been a stereo
enthusiast going back to the 70's when he shot with a Stereo Realist. I
follow him on social media, and he often posts stereo shots that he's
taken, often with a special app on his iPhone. He does have a collection of
images he shot while on tour with Queen over the years, including a bunch
from on-stage.

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 8:25 PM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My E-M1 manual has numerous references to 3D pictures and has a "scene
> mode" specifically for them but warns that you need a 3D lens.  I had no
> idea what this would be except a guess.  The Oly manual is of no help and
> Oly doesn't say what they are let alone sell them.  So i looked on ebay and
> found this.
>
> <http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOREO-3-D-STEREO-LENS-Olympus-Panas
> onic-Take-3-D-Pictures-with-Micro-4-3-Camera-/391526441684
> ?hash=item5b28cb62d4:g:JtQAAOSwo0JWKrft>
>
> I can't imagine wanting to own one of these but now I know.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
> --

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline