Re: [OM] Lens design and distortion [was Custom Lens Profiles - CC]

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens design and distortion [was Custom Lens Profiles - CC]
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:48:20 -0500
That's quite a collection, Moose. And they look to be in good shape. My oldies include Leica screw mounts and Exacta mount, but, over the years, their condition has deteriorated.

I realize that design philosophy has changed greatly over the last 40 yrs, mostly in pursuit of sharpness and speed. And, along with this, prices have risen proportionally. I just can't justify a current top of the line Leica, or even Sony, for my meager pursuits. So, I cling to an earlier set of standards. I may be tempted, though, to go for a new Fuji body when the X-T2 comes out next month.

But I think my lens collection will remain the same. Even my bad-mouthed Fujinon 35/2 has its uses.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA