Re: [OM] OT: Precarious Weather

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Precarious Weather
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 15:21:46 -0500
Those of you not in the US may have missed the news tidbit that hit last
week about my employer. The Dean of the University of Chicago, in his
regular letter to incoming students, stated that UC was not going to offer
"trigger warnings" or supply "safe spaces" for students, nor would they
refuse to book a speaker simply because he/she might say something that
someone might be uncomfortable with.  His argument is that college is a
place where you learn, listen to other ideas, challenge them, and get ready
for real life. Dealing with the uncomfortable is part of life.

The response online has been overwhelmingly in support of that plan.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 3:05 PM, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>      Eh!  They need to face reality once in a while.  I've had plenty of
> such reality on my life from the Berlin Wall and Airlift Crisis to Three
> Mile Island and much more after that.
>
>      Life sucks at times.  Deal with it.
>

> >Hey, stop scaring the children!
> >
> >Charlie
> >

> >>      Uh-oh!  GFS shows that TS Hermine will make landfall on Long
> Island.
> >> The turn to the north is due to high pressure over Bermuda.  Let's hope
> >> this one is not as strong as TS Sandy, but it will be passing over
> >> exceptionally warm water along the way.
> >

> Chris
>
> When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>      - Hunter S. Thompson
> --

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline