Re: [OM] Custom Lens Profiles - CC

Subject: Re: [OM] Custom Lens Profiles - CC
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 17:06:03 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
I assume you realize that you only see the distortion because you are using a
RAW converter that does not use the lens provided data to correct distortion as
part of the conversion.

Yes, I still find it irritating that if use ACR one is stuck with the
corrections as designed into the metadata.
Sometimes one might like higher res in corners and less corrected geometric
distortion.  Should be the photog choice, no?  DXO allows one to back off and
doesn't use the metadata corrections but their own, for good or for bad.

Distorted by choice, Mike