Re: [OM] A trip to the Adirondacks

Subject: Re: [OM] A trip to the Adirondacks
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 08:23:50 -0400
Ah, but if you would read about the battle you would see that you didn't lose (that one at least). The British had an overwhelming naval force. Arnold knew that we would lose and we lost badly. But his real aim was a delaying tactic and that was successful. You also gained Arnold as a brigadier general when he defected to the British side in 1780. The Continental Congress had treated him rather badly.