Re: [OM] OT: Tropical Storm Hermine

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Tropical Storm Hermine
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 06:14:14 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     The forecast this morning shows that TS Hermine may make it to hurricane
strength later today just before making landfall east of Pensacola.  The track
has shifted slightly to the east, and on Monday and Tuesday the storm will
meander around in the Atlantic due east of the DelMarVa peninsula.  The water
there is much warmer than normal, so the storm may gather additional strength.

     The interactive web pages for NCEP are down this morning, so I have to
rely on UNISYS for SST and SSTA analysis.  The GFS, NAM, and other products are
available if you access them by way of FTP.

> Looks like you're going to get 4-6" and I'm going to get 6-10".
> <http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/212352.
> shtml?rainqpf#contents>    We'll see.  The forecast has been moving
> further inland with each iteration.  We'll see what actually happens on
> Friday and Saturday.  In any case I haven't seen a wind forecast scary
> enough to get me to spend the 5 hours necessary to put up all the hurricane
> panels.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson