Re: [OM] IMG: A Lens from Way-Back

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: A Lens from Way-Back
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 11:13:52 -0400
Look at that little puffed up belly.. you know it was COLD!

Another terrific shot Jim. Are you warm yet?

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> I thought you might like to see this shot.  It was made on a cold January
> morning about 5 1/2 years ago, just after I mounted the lens.  Having made
> a miserably cold attempt to get some shots at a Civil War cemetery, I
> pulled my truck into its parking spot and saw the resident male Mocking
> Bird in a bare Cleveland Pear tree. I shot this from the window of the
> truck, with the bellows at maximum extension.
>
> http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Mocking+Bird.jpg.html
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
>
> On 8/31/2016 1:46 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>
>> Pretty good for that old timer.  It's a little soft but not bad
>> considering the age.  I noticed the reflection between rear element and
>> sensor in the red roof shot.
>>
>> Chuck Norcutt
>>
>> On 8/31/2016 2:14 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
>>
>>> Exchanges with Moose, on the OM list, about older lenses, and his recent
>>> studies in colors, led me to try a couple of experiments this morning.
>>> I mounted my Ross London No. 6 Symetrical 8-inch f/16 lens, from about
>>> 1890, on an E-510, and put the combination on a tripod.
>>>
>>> Aiming the camera at the Buddlei bush from quite a distance, I saw
>>> butterfly activity.  Snapping several exposures, I got a lucky hit.
>>>
>>> http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/No_6Symetrical+
>>> Butterflies.TIFF.html
>>>

>>> I also tried an out-of-focus view of a neighbor's red roof and some
>>> foliage.
>>>
>>> http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/P8315413-1.tif.html
>>>
>>> Here is the lens
>>>
>>> http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Ross+Lens+2.jpg.html
>>>
>>> Here is the mount, shown with the E-1
>>>
>>> http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Final+Assembly.jpg.html
>>>
>>> Comments and critiques welcomed and appreciated.
>>>

> --

As much as I hate to "crow", I'm delighted to tell you that my 5-star
reviewed hardcover book for kids, ages 4-to-8,
*The Little Crow Who Could Not CAW
<http://www.amazon.com/Little-Crow-Who-Could-Not-ebook/dp/B01B2028SS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455042958&sr=8-1&keywords=rick+beckrich>,*
is
finally available as an interactive Kindle e-book from Amazon.com.

    (P.S. - The Kindle reader is a free app from Amazon that works on PC,
laptops, and most hand-held devices.)