Re: [OM] Custom Lens Profiles - CC

Subject: Re: [OM] Custom Lens Profiles - CC
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 01:50:24 -0700
On 9/1/2016 11:12 PM, Dharma Singh wrote:
@Digging in Moose
My contribution was a reaction on Chuck Norcutt's search for the manual of
the *calibration chart shooting guide*, but not opening the zip file.

Yes, I understood that.

I didn't know that it's already included on computers with W7 upwards,
otherwise I wouldn't have reacted, although I don't understand why Chuck
didn't search inside the zip.

No one knows for sure, perhaps not even Chuck. We all do things differently.

If the zip function of wind*ws is the same as 7Zip, notably the possibility
to see what files are in the zipfile, without actually unzipping the file
and the possibility to just unzip the file[s] you choose,

Yes, that's how it works.

the only advantage of 7Zip is the better algorithms to zip a file, i.e. making
the
zipfile smaller than winzip

Here, I disagree. Windows Explorer only has that capability for .zip files. 7zip also works with 7z, RAR, LZH and a whole menagerie of others. <http://www.7-zip.org/> I use it regularly with some of these other compressed formats.

Dharma

The true artist is the grindstone of the senses; he sharpens eye, mind, and
feeling; he interprets ideas and concepts through his own media.
—Moholy-Nagy, Vision in Motion, 1947

Thanks for the quotation. I'm chewing on it.

Zippy P. Moose