Re: [OM] OT: TS Hermine

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: TS Hermine
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 18:27:25 -0500
Thanks for the update, Chuck. From what I saw on the Columbia radar, the heavier rain seemed to die out before it got to Tina.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 9/2/2016 5:58 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Although most of the rain is out Columbia way now this storm is very unsymmetrical. The eye of the storm is actually running very close to the coast and at 6:45 pm was somewhere between Charleston and Myrtle Beach.

I could tell we were in the eye while we were eating dinner since the rain and the wind had stopped. Right now the wind and the rain are starting up again and may be with us until about 11:00 pm. All that stuff presently to the north and west of us will likely rotate around and whack us again.

So far I've recorded 12.4" of rain since early this morning. Maximum sustained wind today at the TV station was 45.6 mph. I took some pictures around the house during the lulls and will post some later.

Chuck Norcutt