Re: [OM] Battery life in micro 4/3 camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery life in micro 4/3 camera
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 15:35:58 -0700
On 9/3/2016 2:33 PM, Frank wrote:
A German blogger posted this interesting story about his research on Oly
BLN-1 replacement batteries.

His conclusion is that they are all basically the same, and only to be used
if you are without options.

In general, I suspect he is right. Most replacement batteries, for all cameras, are from a very few, unnamed makers, and differ only in the labels.

I think Wasabi is one of those sellers. And as I said, I had uneven results from the couple I had. OTOH, the Progos, which he didn't test, at least on that page, and unlike the Wasabis and others I've read user reviews of, do show the correct charge state in the camera, last longer and are more consistent than the Wasabis were.

I have also used them extensively, for many thousands of shots, using them first, with the OEMs as back-up, with good, reliable results. I thus disagree with his conclusion about using only when without other options with respect to this particular brand.

Progo Prone Moose