Re: [OM] E-M1 II [was] IMG: Giving Respect to the Oly E-1]

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 II [was] IMG: Giving Respect to the Oly E-1]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 22:13:46 -0700
On 9/2/2016 8:52 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
But if I actually bought the Sony (probably unlikely) I wouldn't buy more than one lens... whatever I thought the E-M1 couldn't do as well... whatever that might be. Unlike my Canon 5D the E-M1 is amazingly easy to use with MF lenses. I would expect the Sony to be similar in that respect.

Yup, rather like falling off a log, to OM-D users. Wildly different for MF glass, and way better, than the 5D. Live view on a big screen, focus peaking and magnified view make the whole experience far easier and more palatable. My only complaint is the lack of lens EXIF info. :-)

I only needed help for a couple of things. Getting the magnify to work properly with MF lenses required a non-obvious couple of Menu settings. I also looked around for a socket for wired remote. There isn't one. It's either the generic Sony IR remote or the WiFi app. I bought a $10 IR remote, which works fine, but not from behind the camera. The WiFi app, while simple, with very limited function on the phone end and it's own separate settings of some camera things, is stable/solid. Why things like Raw/JPEG should be set separately, in an different menu on the camera for WiFi is obscure.