Re: [OM] Battery life in micro 4/3 camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery life in micro 4/3 camera
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 19:17:48 -0400
I do understand the difference between lithium metal and lithium-ion. If you re-read sections 622.51 (lithium metal), 6.22.52 (lithium-ion) and 6.22.53 (small cells of both types) you will see that you are prohibited from labeling any type as a "lithium battery".

Furthermore, if you look at Exhibit 622.5 (immediately following the sections above) you'll see the title "International Lithium Battery Mailability". As you'll see in the body of the exhibit, the term "lithium battery" is clearly used *generically* because the exhibit covers lithium batteries of all types.

They are all lithium batteries because they contain either metallic lithium or lithium-ions from a compound of lithium and some other element.

I think my point is still valid. There are various prohibitions or restrictions against shipping these batteries yet the thing being prohibited or restricted cannot be externally identified on the package. I ask again: So who would know? Certainly not the postal service.

Chuck Norcutt