Re: [OM] more --Plumbing shenanigans--

Subject: Re: [OM] more --Plumbing shenanigans--
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 20:07:06 -0700
Our system is similar...but different :) 3 pre-filter housings which were all used prior to the new well. 30u string wound, 5u-20u dual density, 5u carbon block. Followed by a Trojan UV light, RO under the sink for drinking. Now we're down to only sediment filters to catch anything stirred up by the well pump. Don't want the nasties to have anything to hide behind in the UV chamber. Depending upon the water test I may add back the carbon block. And we may need a "softener" or with some other appropriate media. I noticed the pressure relief caps. Good choice if you ever want to change the filters :)

Other than that I'm running 1" to the external hose-bibs. Your 1/2" would never work with our irrigation system. Also I'm seeing a 3/4" line bypassing the filters where the filter wrench is hanging...???

We also find a separate faucet convenient (and waaaay cheaper) for RO water etc. rather than a single 3-way. Maybe you don't want more holes in the deck? And I don't understand the need for the air gap. Usually just dump the waste down the drain which is vented and/or air gapped already...

You can only love it if you've been down in it

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/Jul16/ditch_60010.JPG>

Mike (the other one)