Re: [OM] more --Plumbing shenanigans--

Subject: Re: [OM] more --Plumbing shenanigans--
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 19:25:25 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Thanks for looking other Mike.  The bypass of all filters softener is for the
outside hoses--after it gets to the ceiling the rest of the run is Pex.  Your
are correct about the dedicated airgap faucet for RO being cheaper
and that is what we had, but there was no other option but a triflow if we
wanted to keep our instant hot and have the tepid  filtered/unsoftened
orchid/plant water.   It looks a bit busy but is aesthetically acceptable to
the powers that be.

Plumbing codes often require an airgap faucet so that a drain backup won't
contaminate the drinking water.  The manufacturer also recommends some type of
air gap even if using a non airgap faucet.  They are  extremely  fussy to get
working correctly.  The drain/drain saddle that come with the RO unit was
woefully too small to prevent issues.  The RO unit loves the softened water and
the PPM fell to 7.  No black crud in waste water either.

Mike