Re: [OM] OT: Stereo Bluetooth Headphones

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Stereo Bluetooth Headphones
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 10:26:55 -0500
Bluetooth has a limited range - usually no more than 20 feet if you're in
the clear. If there suddenly is a wall between you and your phone, most
likely you'll lose the connection.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>      I had a feeling that there would be drawbacks to BT headphones, but
> I'm interested in the portability and the privacy.  For instance, I could
> play music CDs on my laptop and be able to wander about the house or coffee
> shop with ease.
>

> >In my opinion, they don't exist.  BT for serious listening has plenty of
> >problems, including flaky connectivity and limited fidelity. Plus, it's
> one
> >more damn charger. That's one of the things that drives me crazy about the
> >people that say wires are for old people, wireless is the future. If I run
> >out of the house and want to listen to an hour-long podcast on the train,
> >what if I forgot to charge my headphones? With wired 'phones, there's no
> >oddball compression, no possible RFI, no trying to pair them with a
> device,
> >NO BATTERY. I plug the little Kosses in and away I go.
> >
> >One of the biggest things I'm afraid I'm not going to like about today's
> >iPhone reveal - all of the credible rumours that Apple has eliminated the
> >3.5mm analog jack and you are either forced to use wireless, or have to
> >plug a Lightning dongle in so you can plug your analog phones/patch cord
> >in. I also have a calibrated measurement mic that plugs into the headphone
> >port that I use with the SPL/Spectrum analyzer apps on my phone - remove
> >the 3.5mm jack, and it suddenly becomes useless.
> >

> >>      I've noticed a few people here at the coffee shop using stereo
> >> bluetooth headphones.  I'm interested in looking into these but have no
> >> idea what is out there that would have decent quality for listening to
> >> music, which pretty much eliminates the earbud types at the start.
> Anyone
> >> have a recommendation for something of music quality?
> >>

> Chris
>
> When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>      - Hunter S. Thompson
> --

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline