Re: [OM] OT: Stereo Bluetooth Headphones

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Stereo Bluetooth Headphones
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 14:32:41 -0700
On 9/7/2016 8:05 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
. . .

One of the biggest things I'm afraid I'm not going to like about today's
iPhone reveal - all of the credible rumours that Apple has eliminated the
3.5mm analog jack and you are either forced to use wireless,

Only if you buy the phone. :-)

A six will be cheaper now, or soon.

or have to plug a Lightning dongle in so you can plug your analog phones/patch
cord in.

At least the adapter comes with the phone.

I also have a calibrated measurement mic that plugs into the headphone
port that I use with the SPL/Spectrum analyzer apps on my phone - remove
the 3.5mm jack, and it suddenly becomes useless.

Because you refuse to use the adapter?

Again, no one is putting a gun to your head to buy one. Based on the quick summaries I read, I can't see any particular advantages for the way I use a phone over the 6, or even over my 5+.

Wait on Eight Moose