Re: [OM] E-M1 II [was] IMG: Giving Respect to the Oly E-1]

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 II [was] IMG: Giving Respect to the Oly E-1]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 19:53:44 -0400
What happens on the 19th? Is that Oly's rumored announcement day for the E-M1 II and other stuff?

Chuck Norcutt

On 9/7/2016 6:40 PM, Moose wrote:
On 9/2/2016 7:34 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
I think I've pretty well adapted to the slower lenses and not been
tempted by any of the Pro versions.

My interest isn't in the Pro-ness, nor in the speed, but in the zoom
range and possible close focus. Since I moved from the 75-300 to the
100-400, I have a pretty big gap from 50 to 100 mm. Sneaker zoom takes
care of a lot, with some occasional cropping; but a 12-100 range would
be nice.

The 12-40 focuses directly almost as close as the 12-50 in macro mode. I
can dream of a 12-100 that does so as well, at least until the 19th. :-)

I suspect the 12-100/4 will not be much different in size/weight than
the 12-40/2.8 which is close to 14 oz.

Ah well, I can dream, for more than a week! ;-)

If that fails, I can think about the new Panny 12-60, which is a little
sharper, a little faster above 12 mm, a little longer FL, and focuses
almost as close without the annoying mode changing ring.

Dreamer Moose