[OM] Just hidin' in the mums, mum.

Subject: [OM] Just hidin' in the mums, mum.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 11:43:02 -0400
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=20764>

A juvenile Carolina Anole (pronounced \ə-ˈnō-lē\). They're not chameleons but can change color between bright green and brown. He/she is green here to hide in the foliage.

I've seen little in the way of insects lately so there's not much around for him to eat. Perhaps the storm or maybe even the county spraying for mosquitoes. They've been spraying in various places since a case of Zika showed up in the (Horry) county but I don't know exactly where.

There was a smaller guy/gal in the next flower pot only about 3" long. The smallest I've ever seen but I was too late getting the camera out. The one in the photo could be mature at 5" but the males can be as long as 8".

OM-D EM-1 with m.Zuiko 14-150 at 150mm with 26mm of extension.
ISO *6400*, f/9, 1/60 sec.

Chuck Norcutt