Re: [OM] WTB - DZ 14-54 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB - DZ 14-54 lens
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 13:19:32 -0500
There are several Ver. 1 lenses on eBay for $150 to $250, but, except for one questionable listing, the Ver. 2 is asking for around $600.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 9/8/2016 1:14 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
For a change of pace, I put my Version 1 on the E-1 yesterday.  I had
forgotten how nicely that combination handles.
It really does. That lens/camera combination is extremely well
balanced. I like the reach of the lens a lot. While it can always be a
touch wider on the short end, it seems to be pretty much perfect on
the long end. There are a couple of focal lengths where the life gets
sucked out of the images, but the lens is just so comfortable in every
way. I like the 14-42 lenses for size/weight, but they are too dim on
the long end and just lack the image-snap that the 14-54 gives. They
are also too short. I really like that 100mm focal length equivalent.
The 14-54 also does close-focusing extremely well.

I like the Canon 6D for use with the legacy OMZ lenses (especially the
35-80 zoom), but the 14-54 with E-1 or E-3 is a better ergonomic and
image-character combination.

I suppose I shouldn't praise the 14-54 too much yet. I'll save the
big-time praise till after I've gotten it. Otherwise, I'll manipulate
the resale price of it too much and end up spending more.

AG Schnozz