Re: [OM] E-M1 II [was] IMG: Giving Respect to the Oly E-1]

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 II [was] IMG: Giving Respect to the Oly E-1]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 21:11:42 -0700
On 9/11/2016 8:48 PM, Dharma Singh wrote:
You still have time enough to save for the new toys:

*Both the new E-M1II and GH5 will ship in early 2017 only*

*According to multiple sources it seems like both new High End Cameras will
be announced on September 19 but not ship until very early 2017. And while
Olympus is expected to announce the full E-M1II specs and details

I really don't care about those bodies. The E-M1 Mk I is already larger and heavier than I would like; I prefer the E-M5 II. If the Mk II adds a second SD slot, as rumored, that seems likely to mean it has grown. Of the rumored new features/capabilities, the only one that would matter to me is the hand held HR mode. And that's not enough.

My experimenting with the HR mode and some highly enlarged, careful comparison test prints by Ctein show it only adding much in rather specialized situations. Focus Bracketing has proven far more useful to me.

I'm not that wild about in-camera stacking. I can usually fix movement artifacts when stacking in post, but stack/merging in camera bakes them in. I've done enough stacking now, both in post and in camera with the TG-4, to be convinced that in-camera stacking doesn't add much value for my use.

It's still about the 12-100/4 lens for me. How big? How heavy? How much money? There's a couple of low rez images on 4/3 Rumors, but it's impossible to tell much from them.

Carefully Focused Moose