Re: [OM] OT: Aircraft Identification

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Aircraft Identification
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 07:28:52 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     One of the other airplanes is a Jodel, possibly a D112:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2361/2171610635_3566658571_z.jpg?zz=1

     Lawrence Harvey steals one at the end of the movie.  The fuel pump or
switch has a loose connection and the plane crashes into the sea after running
our of gas.

     Still haven't figured out the high-wing monoplane with the tadpole
fuselage.

     While searching, I came across this spectacular photo of an Avro Vulcan
taking off at the Teesside Airshow in 1963:

http://www.dtvmovements.co.uk/Info/Historic%20Logs/Vulcan%202.jpg

>     I should have given more details.  The aircraft is a single-engine
>high wing monoplane.  It was painted a darkish yellow with red trim.
>

>>Tadpole? Not seen the film but that description shouts out DH Vampire or
>>Venom
>>
>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Vampire
>>
>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Venom
>>
>>But a Lancaster in RN service would be a rare sight!
>>
>>     I've been watching the movie "The Running Man', starring Laurence
>>Harvey and Lee Remick, and there are all sorts of interesting aircraft and
>>sailplanes here and there.  Near the very end, in the vicinity of Gibraltar,
>>there are two interesting light aircraft, one of which has a fuselage shaped
>>like a tadpole.  I've never seen anything such as that before.  Oh, and
>>there's a Royal Navy Lancaster seen taking off.
>>

>Chris
>
>When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>     - Hunter S. Thompson
>--

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson