Re: [OM] Profile Prism

Subject: Re: [OM] Profile Prism
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 14:34:35 -0500
> BTW anyone else have the Pixma Pro 100? I couldn't resist the $50 deal.

You mean $250 deal? $130 after rebate? I might actually buy it. It
could pay for itself in the next month.

I've been printing small stuff on a Canon all-in-one, here, using
multiple sources of paper. As long as I use Lightroom, I've had
awesome, and consistent results. Including Epson photo papers. I'm not
nearly as anal as Ctein and Moose. I'm happy if the print looks great,
no matter how convoluted the process it took to get there. If I need
to adjust a tonal curve to make a picture work on a given paper, so be
it. It's no different than dealing with paper batch or chemistry
variation in darkroom printing. You can do things exactly the same way
two nights in a row and get slightly different results. I'll run a
test strip to get everything calibrated and then run my prints. Same
with the digital printer. I'll run a test print, adjust as necessary
and then run my prints.

No need to make a bigger deal out of it than I need to. But I can end
of with a waste basket of deplorables if I'm not careful.

AG Schnozz