Re: [OM] OT: Dubai 777 Crash

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Dubai 777 Crash
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 14:27:14 -0500
> Ah, but AG, the best sport is catching out other pedants. We no longer hold
> any hope that grammar and usage will become part of your skill set. Not
> that we don't love you ... ;-)

I feel the love.

As long as the grammar and usage does not interfere with the
conveyance of the message, just about anything can be acceptable. It's
only when the use of language is so poor that it leads to
misunderstanding or contributes to difficulty in communication that I
get the pedantic hives.

It makes little sense to use sesquipedalian words to prove your
language superiority over other people. I also feel that a
split-infinitive, dangling participle or an occasional mispelling is
more than OK, if it better conveys the message higher.

Another Irony throwing on the fire.

AG Schnozz