Re: [OM] Canon DSLRs and UV lens filters

Subject: Re: [OM] Canon DSLRs and UV lens filters
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 17:02:19 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Color cast Schnozz writes:

<<However, in outdoor conditions--especially "golden hour", I'm seeing a
<<substantial color curve response that is anything but normal.

I doubt there is much UV at that time given the low angle of incidence and all
the atmosphere the photons have to traverse.
Wasn't it the M8 that the had the odd color cast due to IR?  the sensor stack
wasn't quite right.  I think the cast was greenish, IIRC but I am not a Leica
owner.
I would be flabbergasted if Canyon fouled up the sensor stack, but who knows.
Perhaps something about the coatings on the lens used as well.  In warm light
the viv s1 90-180 really
had a noticeable oddball lousy complex color cast due to the coatings.  A
custom profile for that situation would fix it--not to obtain neutral colors
but just to fix the color cast  for that lens/light.

What is the "cell phone look", BTW ?

Mike