Re: [OM] Aurora Borealis over Lake Superior

Subject: Re: [OM] Aurora Borealis over Lake Superior
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 23:10:10 -0500
Best Aurora shot I've seen, Ken.  Nice, sharp stars, as well.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 10/8/2016 11:04 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
http://zone-10.com/d1/node/239

Aurora Borealis over Lake Superior. This photo was taken from the
shoreline at Union Bay Campground in the Porcupine Mountains State
Park. An essentially moonless evening, and a few scattered clouds made
viewing possible. I used the Canon 6D with the OM Zuiko 24/2.8 lens at
F5.6 for this picture.

The critical lesson for shooting auroras is to use as short of a
shutter speed as possible. Auroras are constantly moving and to get
the structures, a shorter shutter speed is necessary. Even 20 seconds
was far too long.

Canon 6D, Olympus OM Zuiko 24/2.8. ISO 6400, 20 seconds, F5.6.
Processed in Lightroom CC.

AG Schnozz