Re: [OM] Aurora Borealis over Lake Superior

Subject: Re: [OM] Aurora Borealis over Lake Superior
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 09:58:45 -0500
I have gotten behind in responding to emails...

Damn. That's gorgeous. And I am soooo jealous - we were hoping to combine
whales and Auroras on our Alaskan cruise last September, but to no avail.
The weather was awesome during the days, but cloudy at night, so no
Northern Lights for us. At some point in my life I still need to see them...

But very, very nice photo.

On Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 11:04 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://zone-10.com/d1/node/239
>
> Aurora Borealis over Lake Superior. This photo was taken from the
> shoreline at Union Bay Campground in the Porcupine Mountains State
> Park. An essentially moonless evening, and a few scattered clouds made
> viewing possible. I used the Canon 6D with the OM Zuiko 24/2.8 lens at
> F5.6 for this picture.
>
> The critical lesson for shooting auroras is to use as short of a
> shutter speed as possible. Auroras are constantly moving and to get
> the structures, a shorter shutter speed is necessary. Even 20 seconds
> was far too long.
>
> Canon 6D, Olympus OM Zuiko 24/2.8. ISO 6400, 20 seconds, F5.6.
> Processed in Lightroom CC.
>
> AG Schnozz
> --

Paul Braun WD9GCO